Types of Information Collected.
The types of personal data we hold might include:
· Your full name and salutation
· Your previous/current home address details
· Your job title
· The name and address of the company you work for or are associated with
· Your company, home and mobile telephone details
· Your company and personal email address
· Solicitors Details
· Financial information ie salary, payslips for proof of deposit
· Mortgage information
· Landlord details
· We also store notes about you relating to previous contact you have had with us. This allows us to provide you with the best service and understand your property requirements
We store this information on a secure database just for the intended purposes, taking steps to collect only the minimum personal data necessary that is accurate and kept for as long as we have to by law. If there is no legal requirement, we’ll only store it for as long as deemed necessary.
We will amend personal records as soon as we have been informed that details have been changed and will actively remove where appropriate your personal data if requested.
Methods of Collection
Laurence Leigh Residential collects information relevant to the services we offer for example:
• Spouse / partner / family member
• Business associates
• “trusted” sources including but not limited to Government, Land Registry, Police registers, Solicitors, Financial Institutes and Insurance Companies
• Through consent to third parties disclosing information about you to us that they have collected
Such information will generally be collected directly via the use of any of our standard forms, over the internet, via email, or through a telephone conversation with you. We may also collect personal information through our affiliates or suppliers by using automated means, such as cookies and web beacons.
Purposes of Collection
Generally, we will collect, use and hold your information for the purposes of:
• Assessing and processing property transaction applications
· Conducting business, developing relationships with Laurence Leigh Residential and affiliates
· Process payments and transactions including: authorisation, , billing, reconciliation, collection, enquiries, credit checks and related dispute resolution activities
• Protect against and prevent fraud, money laundering (please see below), and agent /franchise compliance and security of business processes
• Create and manage any accounts, associated authentication criteria (id’s and passwords) you may have with Laurence Leigh Residential
• Managing communications
• Functionality of our websites, mobile applications other digital assets
Lawful basis of processing
Laurence Leigh Residential processes your information under the following:
• Performance of a contract: where you enter into a contract with Laurence Leigh Residential and we need to process your information as part of this contract
• Legitimate interests: some information is processed by Laurence Leigh Residential as part of its legitimate interests which include: fraud, due diligence, and information security, suppressions and managing opting out of communications, profiling, direct marketing, monitoring, cloud storage, acquisitions, updating customer details, lettings, sales, and service provided by the data controller
• Consent: where we process information under consent we will seek your clear and unambiguous consent prior to processing your data
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice or as indicated via the consent process at the time the data is collected. We share the information we collect with, but not limited to:
• Landlords and landlord associates and sub processors and other agents during/and in the event of a joint property transaction
• Vetted affiliates and partners / Financial Institutions / Insurance Companies for business facilitation to provide required services, such as mortgages, insurance cover etc.
• Formally contracted service providers to perform services on our behalf. We
contractually require these service providers to safeguard the privacy and security of personal information they process on our behalf and authorise them to use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements
• Law firms
• Credit agencies, Land Registry Office, Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC), Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and other relevant regulatory bodies
• Additionally we may share information about you, if required legally, to prevent harm or financial / reputation loss, for investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activities.
• Perspective employers requesting references via your written consent
You may have the right to:
• obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you
• request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you
• receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you
The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements.
To exercise these rights, please email email@example.com
We will update this statement from time to time so we suggest that you review this statement at regular intervals. Where we undergo substantial changes to our privacy statement we will endeavour to inform you directly about these changes.
In addition to help you with a property related service we have to comply with certain regulations for example the “Money Laundering, and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 (referred to as “the Regulations).” Laurence Leigh Residential are required to obtain certain information from you to comply with regulations.
We will require two separate Identification documents one primary and one secondary document even if it appears on both lists. The information may be required at various stages of the process depending whether you are purchasing or selling.
Primary documents - proof of ID
• Valid Passport with MRZ
• Valid full UK photo driving licence
• Valid full UK Driving licence (Non-photo, paper) issued before 1998
• Valid EU/EEA/Switzerland photo driving licence.
• Valid EU/EEA/Switzerland national Identity Card.
• Valid UK Armed Forces ID Card.
• Valid UK Biometric Residence Permit (copy of both sides.)
• Valid Blue disabled drivers pass. (With photo)
• Valid Freedom Pass
• Valid Local Authority Bus pass.
• Department for Works & Pensions letter confirming pension details including National Insurance Number dated within the last 12 months.
Secondary documents - proof of residence (home)
• Valid full UK photo driving licence.
• Valid full UK Driving licence (Non-photo, paper) issued before 1998
• Local authority council tax bill (dated within the last 12 months).
• UK Bank / Building societies statements/bills showing activity, dated within the last six months. Including account number and sort code. (Internet printed acceptable.)
• UK mortgage statement (dated within the last 12 months.) (Internet printed acceptable.)
• Utility bill dated within the last 6 months including - Electricity bill (with MPAN number), Landline, Gas, Satellite TV, Water. (Internet printed acceptable.) (Not mobile phone bills.)
• Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) Inland Revenue (IR) statement (dated within the last 12 months) with National Insurance number.